Our Complaints Procedure
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We have eight weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.
If you would like to make a formal complaint against Sakhi Solicitors please contact the Principal, Mr Raza Sakhi either in writing, by e-mail or by telephone detailing the reasons for your dissatisfaction with our service.
12 Grey Friars
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 0116 2536236
Please note that making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days of it being received.
- If your issues of complaint have not been specified, we will ask you for clarification.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the quality representative Raza Sakhi. If your complaint is about Mr Raza Sakhi. then we will allocate the complaint management to Mr Ziyad Lunat.
- Once we have received all the relevant information, we will undertake a full review of your file and discuss your complaint with the acting Fee Earner.
- We will keep you updated as to the progress of our investigation and we will aim to provide you with a final response to your complaint within 6 – 8 weeks of receipt.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review the decision.
- Sakhi Solicitors committed to the application of Outcomes Focused Regulation and the principles of Treating Customers Fairly in accordance with, respectively, the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
- If you are concerned about our behaviour, the SRA can help. You can raise your concerns with them at www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If a complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction within 8 weeks of it being made, you can then contact the legal ombudsman about your complaint.
They can be reached at: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at [email protected]